This 13-window collection includes regular and special-shaped windows - all can be modified without creating an additional type.
Instance windows are invaluable in modeling existing buildings or custom residences.
There are three options to change the sizes of these windows.
- Stretch the window graphically in plan or elevation view.
- Type the desired size in the Element Properties dialog box.
- Type the desired size in the window schedule.
Rectangular window types included:
- Fixed Window
- Casement Window
- Single Hung Window
- Double Hung Window
- Hopper Window
- Awning Window
- Sliding Window (Fixed/Slide)
- Sliding Window (Slide/Slide)
Special shape windows included: (Yes, we figured out how to make special shapes stretchable AND stable!
- Circle Window (Round)
- Hexagon Window
- Octagon Window
- Trapezoid Window
- Triangle Window
Non-rectangular windows may look unusual in plan view because of the cut plane
- Triangle, Circle, Octagon, Hexagon, Trapezoid
- To modify this look, use the "Plan Region" tool to change the cut plane for non-rectangular windows.
The Plan Region tool is accessed using menu pick: VIEW > PLAN VIEWS > PLAN REGION.
- ZIP File Size: 3.3 MB, Individual Revit family sizes range from 252kb to 308kb
- Release: Revit 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- Units: Imperial
Click on image to see images of individual families.