Sometimes it is the little things that count. Especially if they are those constant irritations that come from a frustrating Revit interface quirk.
The Revit 2018.2 update has a few things that have helped me to stop shouting “WHY? WHY? WHY?” (in my head).
I'm covering only two of the improvements here because of my obsession with Revit families.
- Remember Last Location (for
- When working with furniture, or laying out toilet rooms, I used to take frequent breaks because I coundn't tolerate any more navigating through the folder structure to the same place over and over again.
- This fix makes Revit remember the last location from where you loaded the last family. So small, yet so valuable.
- Fill Pattern Dialog Improvement
- There are
a few good tweaks implemented here:
- The Solid Fill pattern is at the top
- Search for patterns
- Multi-selection of patterns
- Resizable dialog box that remembers the new size
- Rescale a pattern without reloading
- I like all these changes, but my favorite is the resizable dialog box. Now I can actually read the descriptive names I've so carefully crafted for my patterns.
- There are a few good tweaks implemented here:
If you haven't done so already, upgrade your Revit 2018 to Revit 2018.2.